At Mercantile Bank of Michigan, we are dedicated to our Customers, Employees and Communities. Our exceptional team members are committed to maintaining an environment of personal growth and development while providing professional and personalized service to customers and supporting our diverse communities.
Employees are our most valuable asset! If you have an interest in joining a team that operates with INTEGRITY, DISCIPLINE and PURPOSE, consider Mercantile Bank as a potential employer.
As a vital member of our TROY branch team, the individual will be responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties including warmly greeting guests, contacting employees regarding visitors, answering phones and taking messages, sorting and distributing mail and helping to maintain office security.
Essential duties and responsibilities will include:
• Greets clients and visitors with a positive, helpful attitude.
• Answers incoming telephone calls in a friendly, professional manner, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
• Helps maintain office security by ensuring a clean and safe reception area and properly identifying visitors, maintaining logs and restricting access when necessary.
• Ensures lobby area and community office spaces are kept clean, updated and nicely decorated to create a positive and welcoming impression for guests and visitors.
• Provides customer service support in the absence of the banking staff; may include assisting customers with transactions or helping to prepare documents for customer signature.
• Remains willing to flex schedule (days/hours) to ensure front desk coverage is available during office hours to great and assist guests and customers.
• Assists with a variety of administrative tasks including copying, faxing, taking notes, preparing meeting materials and rooms and/or making travel plans.
• Sorts and distributes incoming mail and assists staff with outgoing mail.
• Answers general questions about the organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information.
• Orders, receives and maintains office supplies.
• Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying and collating.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic knowledge of typing and computer programs such as Microsoft Office Works (Word, Excel) necessary
• Excellent customer service/phone skills and attention to detail
We believe embracing human diversity makes us a better bank. We know it makes us better people. Employees with dissimilar backgrounds, perspectives, opinions and lifestyles help us understand the motivations and desires of our many different customers. Thus, we will strive to maintain a workforce that reflects the increasing diversity of the communities we serve by ensuring equal employment opportunity for all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex/gender (including gender identity), national origin, age, height, weight, disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, disabled or Vietnam era veteran, other forms of military status, marital status, or other protected characteristics.
To apply: www.mercbank.com/careers