June 10, 2021—Troy, MI — Martell Elementary school wins Step Up to the Plate for 3rd year in a row.
The receipts were tabulated from all the participating Troy School District schools and Martell Elementary takes home the prize. On June 10, Troy Chamber President, Tara Tomcsik-Husak along with Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union’s Community Relations Specialist, Monique Harlan presented the $1000 check to Martell Principal, Michelle Barsh along with Administrative Teammates, Jill Gentner and Julie Richman.
Step Up to the Plate is the annual “dine and save” program partnered with the Troy School District (TSD) where participating Chamber member family/casual dining restaurants agree to offer a 20% discount off the food portion of each bill, to anyone presenting information about the program. The school whose receipts equal the largest amount, wins $1000 to support the students.
Step Up 2021 was proudly presented by Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union.
“As a credit union with a long history of investing in education, we’re honored to support the annual Step Up to the Plate event with the Troy Chamber and Troy School District,” said Ann Jones, Vice President Marketing and Business Development. “We know from our annual Classroom Cash Grant program that teachers and schools are always in need of additional funding, so we’re excited to sponsor this event and help provide an additional $1,000 cash prize to the school with the most receipts collected. And with many MSGCU’s team members working and living in Troy, we are looking forward to supporting our great local restaurants.”
Special thanks to all of the 16 participating restaurants:
• Beyond Juice + Eatery – 830 E. Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• Cedar Grille – 5377 Crooks Rd, Troy
• Celebrity Catering – 75 W. Long Lake Rd, Troy
• Clean Eatz Troy – 319 East Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• Condado Tacos – 724 W. Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• Duck Donuts – 2920 W. Maple Rd, Troy
• McVee’s Pub & Grub – 1129 E. Long Lake Rd, Troy
• Mr. Kabob Xpress – 2036 W. Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• Olgas Fresh Grille – 1853 E. Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• Papa Romano’s Pizza/Mr. Pita – 5399 Crooks Rd, Troy
• Shield’s Restaurant Bar Pizzeria – 1476 W. Maple Rd, Troy
• Sweetwaters Coffee & Tea – 774 W. Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• The Great Greek Mediterranean Grill – 708 W. Big Beaver Rd, Troy
• Tropical Smoothie Café – 1569 Main St, Suite A, Clawson
• Tropical Smoothie Café – 1735 E. Big Beaver Rd. Troy
• Troy Escape/Eats & Crafts – 1950 E. Square Lake Rd, Troy