Northwood University seeks a dynamic individual to fill the role of Admissions Representative, DeVos Graduate School of Management for the Troy, MI location. The Graduate Admissions Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining effective partnerships with Corporations, Local Organizations, and Colleges in an effort to generate qualified applicants and new students to the DeVos Graduate School of Management. Admissions Representatives are responsible for working with a portfolio of students from inquiry to conversion. These responsibilities must be performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission and vision.
• Educate corporations, local organizations and colleges about Northwood University and the Northwood Idea
• With Associate Director, develop a local sales plan targeting organizations and corporations
• Generate inquiries throughout assigned territory that lead to new students
• Participate in additional community functions as requested
• Contact inquires and any additional leads generated by the college to establish interest and set appointments with prospective students
• Promote NU’s programs and benefits as well as evaluating the candidate’s interest, family support, financial need and academic background during the Professional College Advisory Session
• Guide prospective students through the admissions process.
• Submit accurate and timely information on activity and productivity to the Associate Director and VP of Enrollment on a regular basis
• Attend meetings and training seminars as directed
• Support other DeVos territories and representatives as needed or assigned by the Associate Director of Admissions
• Successfully complete required training programs
• Achieve lead generation, application and start goals
• Develop and maintain consistent referral generation activities
• Other duties as assigned
• Prolonged sitting and standing
• Some evening and weekend work may be required
• Occasional overnight travel
• Adhere to Northwood University’s Admissions Staff Dress Code
Requirements, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
• Valid driver’s license and meet NU insurability standards
• Public speaking and sales experience preferred
• Understanding and ability to use a CRM system
• Ability to set and obtain short- and long-term goals with measurable results
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences
• Highly motivated and solution-oriented with a high degree of integrity, ethics and dedication to the mission of the University
Northwood University has an institutional philosophy which emphasizes free enterprise in a context of limited government and individual responsibility. The ideal candidate will have a strong attraction to the mission and core values of Northwood University. Applicants are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the University’s outcomes at www.northwood.edu/aboutus/.
Competitive benefits package available including health, dental, and life insurance; retirement benefits; generous leave plan; flex spending plan; and tuition benefits for employee and family.
Please apply online at https://www.northwood.edu/human-resources. EOE