Member Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Assistance
Thank you for choosing Troy as your business location!
The Troy Chamber of Commerce and The City of Troy would like to help your business facilitate a ribbon cutting if you:
- Opened your business within the last year
- Are celebrating an anniversary
- Have moved to a new location
- Remodeled or expanded in your present location
A Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony can play a key role in your promotional efforts along with the opportunity to meet community leaders and potential new business connections.
The City of Troy and Troy Chamber of Commerce jointly coordinate ribbon cuttings for businesses opening in the City of Troy. (Troy Chamber can also work with you to coordinate ribbon cuttings for member companies outside of Troy.)
The Chamber also offers a virtual ribbon-cutting option. Streamed from Zoom to Facebook Live on the Troy Chamber’s Facebook page, the virtual ribbon cuttings offer a platform to showcase your company’s website and reach a wide online audience. (View a recent virtual ribbon-cutting HERE)
If you are not a Troy Chamber member, we suggest you consider joining first so that you can take advantage of the benefits available to you for a successful event. As a member, Troy Chamber can assist you with one or more of the items below:
- The Chamber can send out an email announcement regarding your event to over 2500 business professionals within the chamber. (Depending on how you want to promote the event.)
- Emailing targeted invitations to chamber Board members, Ambassadors, community leaders, etc. (Their attendance is based on availability.)
- The Troy Mayor and City Council (if available) will present businesses with a Welcome to Troy proclamation, and your information will be included in an upcoming issue of the City’s quarterly newsletter, Troy Today.
- Provide you with large ceremonial scissors and ribbon.
- Publicize the event before and after with photographs that will appear in Troy Chamber social media (Facebook Live, Twitter, Instagram) channels.
- Include a photo from the event in Troy Chamber Insider, a weekly email blast to all members.
Making a good first impression as a business is a key to success. For more information or to coordinate a ribbon-cutting event, please contact:
Sheila Denstaedt, Director of Business Development, Troy Chamber of Commerce, 248.641.3929 or email@example.com