Certificate of Origin Check List
If your shipment requires a Certificate of Origin, one original is required. The descriptions and amounts on the Certificate of Origin must be consistent with those entered on the Commercial Invoice. Most countries accept a generic Certificate of Origin form that includes the following information:
- The shipper’s name and address.
- The recipient’s name and address.
- The product’s parts or serial numbers.
- The number of packages, boxes or crates in the shipment.
- The gross and net weight of the shipment.
- A complete and accurate description of the contents of the shipment.
- The country of origin of the contents of the shipment.
- The completed Certificate of Origin must be validated and certified by a local chamber of commerce.