In June, the Troy Chamber of Commerce held an exploratory meeting with members potentially interested in creating a Young Professionals Group (YPG). After a productive meeting, it was obvious that there is a need for this type of specialized group in the area.
Some reasons for starting a YPG included:
- meeting others in the same age bracket and at the same stage in their careers
- helping each other overcome communication and generational barriers at work
- fostering a network where everyone knows each other
- establishing mentorship opportunities
- collaborating with other local YPGs
We are excited to officially announce the launch of Troy Young Professionals. If you are interested in joining this group or receiving email updates, please contact Jessica Hruska, the chamber liaison and committee chair, at (248) 641-1606 or email Jessica@troychamber.com.
We have our first committee meeting on Thursday, July 28 at the Butterfield Building from noon – 1p.m. If you are interested in attending this meeting or being part of the planning committee, contact Jessica Hruska (contact info above). We’re always looking for additions to the group!