Troy, Michigan – January 29, 2020 – The Michigan office of Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC recently launched its 17th annual Michigan Mid-Market Group Benefits Survey. The free survey and analysis helps company and human resources executives understand the leading benefit strategies implemented by area employers and guide their 2020 employee health care benefit decisions.
“When competing to recruit and retain talent, employers require timely and reliable data to guide their strategic planning,” said Rebecca McLaughlan, president & CEO of Michigan’s employee health benefits practice. “Michigan employers and HR decision makers have come to rely upon this survey to help make informed, thoughtful benefits decisions.”
More than 400 Michigan organizations statewide are expected to participate in the 2020 Mid-Market Survey, which is updated annually to reflect the changes in employer-sponsored health care. The resulting analysis will:
• New this year: Benchmark how organizations approach auto-accident coverage.
• Provide insight into how employers are addressing wellbeing, including financial and mental wellbeing. This includes Diversity & Inclusion practices as well.
• Outline how organizations are managing their prescription drug programs.
• Track the interest in and use of voluntary and work-site benefits such as critical illness coverage and pet insurance.
• Recap PPO, HMO and CDHP plan deductibles and co-pays set by Michigan employers.
• Delve into tactics employed by TrendBendersTM, high-performing organizations that have kept average cost increases below trend over the past two years.
Mid-size employers with 100-10,000 employees — including manufacturing, health care, financial, technology, service, and not-for-profit organizations — benefit from the extensive survey analysis. Participants are invited to attend a free, accredited seminar to receive the results and analysis, along with a tailored report benchmarking their organization against industry peers and the entire dataset.
Data collection is underway and will conclude February 28, 2020. Results will be released in late May 2020. All data and analysis will be confidential. Interested organizations can contact Ryan Bowers at (248) 822-6231 or visit mma-mi.com.
About Marsh & McLennan Agency
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC is a subsidiary of Marsh established in 2008 to serve as a platform for the middle market. MMA offers commercial property, casualty, personal lines, and employee benefits to midsize businesses and individuals across North America.
Marsh is the world’s leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue over US$15 billion and 75,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading firms: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Follow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube, or subscribe to BRINK.