Checklist: Apply for GBI Recognition
Become a Green Business Initiative Member
- Members will learn about practical opportunities to reduce operating costs by implementing green initiatives.
- Members will be recognized as committed to a greener Great Lakes Region through their business operations.
- Members will have access to the Troy Chamber Green Business logo use in marketing materials.
- Green Business members will receive recognition on the Troy Chamber website.
- Green Business members will receive a “Troy Chamber Green Business Initiative” window decal for their business.
- All applicants must be current members of the Troy Chamber.
- All applicants must complete the GBI Application & Checklist and submit with application fee to the Troy Chamber for review and qualification.
- Business members representing 100 or more employees must meet at least one requirement in each of 6 categories (energy efficiency, recycling, purchasing, transportation, waste prevention/reduction and water conservation/quality) and a minimum of 30 points.
- Members representing 99 or fewer employees must meet at least one “green practice” in 4 of the 6 categories with a minimum total of 20 points.
- Members must re-apply every 3 years to maintain qualification as a Green Business member.
Members of the Green Business Initiative pledge to continually work toward environmentally safe and sustainable business practices and operations to ensure that the Great Lakes Region is environmentally healthy and viable. Members also pledge to meet all existing federal, state and local environment regulations.